As everyone is unique, we all have distinct taste in cinematography and various esthetical needs to be satisfied by a film.
Here you can find the movie list I’ve made with a view to this diversity.
Whether you celebrate it with your beloved one, or on your own – have a happy Valentine’s Day and enjoy your film(s)!
1. For those who are fond of unusual and creative stories (not to say: ‘strange’), despite the difficulties the characters must struggle with, I recommend Rumba (2008).
2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005) – not exactly the most romantic movie, but hey, who said there must be flowers, kisses and flying hearts in every scene?
If your man is fed up with all romantic comedy stuff that follow the common scheme, make this day special and watch together some action!
3. However, supposing you feel like getting some of motion pictures that burst with drama and true love, watch The Vow (2012). So sweet!
4. Yearning for a good Bollywood love story, but you’ve already seen Kal Ho Naa Ho and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham? Vivah (2006) is the answer!
5. Drama, romance, drama, romance… Urgh! To laugh out of the Valentine’s Day, choose Date Movie (2006) – a hysterical parody of well-known romantic movies.
6. The followers of carpe diem philosophy who are keen on drama movies should be satisfied with Now is Good (2012). If you liked A Walk to Remember (2002), you’ll be delighted!
7. Got your heart broken again? Here, let me explain you that He’s Just Not That Into You (2009). He may be into that film, though.
8. Byôsoku 5 senchimêtoru /5 Centimeters Per Second /(2007) is my suggestion for the fans of animated masterpieces. This beautiful story with breath-taking graphics deserves to be your must-watch!
9. In case that you’d rather have goosebumps than a tear of emotion in your eye and you’d still like to follow Valentine’s Day theme, the movie for you is The Loved Ones (2009). Suits for Halloween as well.
10. Splendid costumes, outstanding music, admirable scenography and exceptional actors that sing as good as act – all this creates a theatrical, marvelous world of Moulin Rouge! (2001). Dear musical lovers and those who like to feed their eyes with glamour – 127 minutes of heaven awaits! Dear other people – watch as well, you certainly won’t waste your time!
11. Looking for a light, French romance-comedy? Seek and you shall find! 20 ans d’ecart (2013) is perfect for having a good time.
12. Neither life, nor love is easy. A movie doesn’t always have to entertain, characters may not lead a successful, happy existence. Gegen die Wand/Head-On/ (2004) tells a bitter, uneasy story that may be shocking or touching at times, but definitely worth watching.
13. At a certain point, some people engaged in long lasting relationships wonder if the love is gone. Romantic comedy-drama Hope Springs (2012) takes on this hard topic. Excellent plot, excellent actors (Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell), excellent movie!
14. And for the last – Nine 1/2 Weeks (1986) to add some sensuality and spice to the list. Oh boy’ it’s going to be hot! Therefore, perfect for a cold winter’s evening.
If you liked the list, please let me know. In case you didn’t, please do so as well.
And do not hesitate to put your own ideas in comments!